Today’s shopping trip was supposed to be a “window shop.” But unfortunately (or fortunately – for me) that didn’t exactly happen. I’ve also picked up a few bits and pieces over the past few weeks too. So here’s my first ever beauty haul on the blog!
As you can see I’ve bought a lot of face products over the past few weeks – but there’s a reason. My skin changes during the spring and summer months. I sometimes get a little oilier and other times I become quite dry – it depends as I have combination skin throughout the year.
- Bourjois CC (Colour Correcting Cream) – £9.99 – in Shade 31 (Ivory). I’ve never used CC cream but in the summer the redness in my face gets worse. So I wanted to try and use a CC cream to try and combat the redness instead of wearing too much foundation! I need to let my skin breathe after all!
- Revlon Photoready Face Perfecting Primer – £12.99 – in Shade 1 (Clear). I’ve been using Rimmel’s Match Perfection Fix and Perfect Pro Primer (Shade 2) for a long time so I decided to try a different primer. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Revlon’s primer so I thought I’d give it a go. It’s a bit at the higher end of the price bracket (for me) so we’ll see if it’s worth it!
- Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer – £7.99 – in Beige. I normally use the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Concealer Ivory 10 but recently I’ve become unhappy with it. So I’ve decided to try the Bourjois concealer. We’ll see how it goes!
- Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray – £5.00. I’ve never tried a setting spray, but again I thought I’d give one a try since I’ve heard many good things about them.
- Rimmel Kate Sculpting Contour Palette – £6.99 – in Shade 002 (Coral Glow). I’ve taught myself the basics of makeup so I wanted to step it up a notch and get a contour palette. I didn’t want to go too high price and didn’t want to step away from a brand I know well so I chose to stick with Rimmel. If I work out how to use this well then maybe I’ll step up and use a Sleek or Makeup Revolution contour kit.
- GOSH BB (Beauty Blemish) Powder – £9.99 – in Shade 4 (Beige). I decided to get this for the days when I just want a dust of powder instead of a “full face.” I couldn’t really find anything else I liked so I went with a powder. (If you can recommend a BB cream then let me know!).
- Barry M After Glow Bronzer – £5.69. I finally realised that my other bronzer I have makes me go orange so I had to buy another one!
- Makeup Revolution Pressed Powder – £2.00 – in Translucent. I already have a Beige powder from Rimmel but I wanted a powder for those days where I don’t want too much makeup on – so that’s why I got this!
Not a lot of eye products in this beauty haul because I’m pretty happy with my existing products – apart from my mascara.
- Max Factor Luxe Collection Masterpiece Max Mascara – £9.99 – in Black. I just wanted to try something new really. I’ve been using the same mascara for too long so it was time for a change!
- Makeup Revolution Eye Primer Liquid Aqua Seal – £3.00. I’ve never tried a liquid eye primer before. I’ve tried a cream primer before but I fell out of love with it! I’m excited to try this one!
If you know me you’ll know I love lipstick. But I’ve decided to give lipgloss a go. I also want to try lipliner too as my MAC lip liner works relatively well with the MAC lipstick I have to go with it!
- MAC Cremesheen Glass Lipgloss – £17.50 – in Double Dare. I’m a MAC girl now and I wanted to try a lipgloss from them. I’m a fan of their lipsticks so I thought why not try out their lipgloss ranges too? I’ll be putting it to the test this week!
- Sleek Matte Me Lipgloss – £4.99 – in Shabby Chic. While the MAC lipgloss is on the bright side, I thought I’d get a lighter lipgloss to wear when I want to go full-on with my eyeshadow! I can’t do both!
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner – £3.99 – in Shade 63 (East End Snob). It would’ve been a shame not to get a lip liner to go with my new lip gloss. Simple!
And that’s it!
Have you tried any of these products out? If you have let me know! Can you recommend anything? Have you bought anything recently?
Let me know in the comments section or on my social media accounts!