So, I have a thing for red lipsticks at the moment. I don’t know why, but I think it may have to do with getting Mac Dare You as a gift a few weeks back from that elusive day we know as Christmas. Alas, I’m not hear to brag. I’m here to talk about my top 7 red lipsticks.
- Mac Heavy Petting (£15.50) – It’s the deep red I’ve been searching for, for a long, long time. It’s similar to Mac’s Dare You, but it’s a shade darker. I finally found it today on the website; but it’s sold out!
- Mac Fashion Legacy Liquid Lipcolour (£21.00) – Now if you have a thing for bright red’s then this is your colour! I’m a fan of dark and bright red lipsticks (as you can see!) It’s still a lipstick (sort of) but I just couldn’t stop staring at it!
- Rimmel Kate Matte 111 (Kiss of Life) Lipstick (£5.49) – Here’s one I have tried and tested multiple times. This was one of my first “proper” lipsticks back in the day and it’s still one of my firm favourites. When I say “back in the day”, I mean last year.
- Urban Decay Temper Matte Revolution Lipstick (£15.50) – It’s in the middle price range for lipsticks (in my opinion) but I love other Urban Decay products, so I’m going to give this lipstick a go next time I’m in a shop which stocks the brand! It’s a beautiful, rich red, what more could you want?
- Charlotte Tilbury Red Carpet Red Matte Revolution Lipstick (£23.00) – Moving up a price bracket can be nerve-wracking sometimes, but I love this colour. I’d say it’s a similar shade to the Urban Decay one above, but you’re just paying more! If anything, it’s the casing that does it for me! Who doesn’t love a bit of bling?
- Smashbox Be Legendary Cream Lipstick (£17.00) – It’s one of the new lipsticks out by the brand and it’s an amazing colour. It’s the perfect red! It’s rich and bright adding an amazing pop of colour to your makeup routine! I can’t wait to try this!
- NARS VIP Red Semi-Matte Lipstick (£20.00) – I seem to be more drawn to the high-end of the makeup spectrum with red lipsticks and NARS is no exception. It’s another deep red lipstick that’s one of my favourites.
What are your favourite red lipsticks? Let me know below in the comments or on my social media.