Last year I did a “thank you” post for people and organisations that had helped me last year.
This year, I’d like to do the same.
I’d like to thank the following people and organisations for their help this year. These are not in order!
- Wendy Nicholson – For being a supportive professional this year and for helping me raise awareness of carers at the SNIC 2015 event in July.
- Sharon White – For being a supportive professional this year and for allowing me to tell my carers story again at SNIC 2015. It was appreciated.
- Carers Trust – I’ve been able to raise awareness of carers through this organisation – by blogging and taking part in their media panel back in April.
- Carers UK. – Carers UK have allowed me to be a local ambassador for Sunderland and for Northumberland. They also gave me the opportunity to appear on BBC Breakfast, to be published on Buzzfeed and on the British Medical Journal blog.
- Time to Change – They have helped me to raise awareness of mental health and the impact that it can have.
- Student Minds – I’ve wrote many blog posts for Student Minds this year on being a student with mental health problems and what I do to help myself.
- The University of Sunderland – in particular Chris Clark and Rebecca Dodds. Throughout the summer I was in limbo with my future at university and they helped me through it. I gained the SUPA award and a lot of experience because of Chris and Rebecca. Thank you both!
- My journalism lecturers. I’d like to thank one of my lecturers in particular for believing in me. But all of my journalism lecturers have instilled me with a lot of hope and confidence going into 2016. Journalism is for me.
- The team at Mentally Sound. Since March this year, I’ve grown a lot as a person. Joining the Mentally Sound radio team has been a blessing. It has changed my life for the better. I’ve co-presented two of the shows which I would never have been able to do at the start of the year and I’ve met an amazing team of people that I’m very thankful for.
I’d like to thank everyone however.
My family, friends and partner are also included in my thanks.
Everyone I’ve spoken to and met this year has helped me in some way.
I wouldn’t be able to name everyone and I apologise if you aren’t named but you have helped, I assure you!
Who would you like to thank this year?