There’s certainly a chill in the air at the moment. The advent calendars have come out, snow has begun falling for some of us and the Christmas decorations have been put up. It’s winter! Winter is a time where fashion becomes all about knitwear and chunky scarves. Here are my top 10 winter essentials!
- Chunky Scarves – I have a few chunky scarves hanging up in my winter wardrobe now. I’m obsessed with them. They can be used to layer and the added bonus is that they keep you warm and cosy. I always use mine as a blanket… I guess that’s just me then?
- Knitwear – Knitwear is an essential for anyone in the cold weather. I have knitted cardigans (my oversized one is my favourite) and knitted jumpers. You can wear them with jeans, leggings or a skirt and tights. They are very versatile.
- Long-sleeved tops – Long-sleeved tops keep you warm. It’s simple. It is not the weather for camisoles anymore, as much as we want it to be summer again. There are so many different patterns and colours so you can dress them up or down depending on your style.
- Leather gloves – I got a pair as a gift last Christmas and I absolutely adore them. No other justification is needed.
- A WARM and/or waterproof coat – That leather jacket from autumn 2015 should be in the cupboard by now. It’s time to get a warm coat out. A waterproof one would be good too!
- Boots, boots and more boots! – Nothing can beat a pair of boots. You can buy flat ones, heeled ones, below the knee and over the knee ones too. So many choices. Boots are a great item to add to a winter outfit.
- Over-the-knee socks – They keep you warm and you can get different colours. You can put them on top of tights to keep your tootsies extra warm or you can be daring and replace your tights with them! I’d go with the former!
- Thermals – They aren’t everyones cup of tea but they keep you super warm, right? There’s nothing wrong with long johns and a thermal t-shirt under your nightwear and jeans!
- Thick jeans – Some of you may be thinking – can you get those? You can. I got mine from a charity shop, so go and have a look around and see if you can find some. I’ve never regretted buying mine.
- A wooly hat – You’ve got the gloves and the scarf, all you need is a wooly hat to match! I bought one a few weeks ago and it’ll be worn from this week onwards. I’m saying goodbye to the fedora and the bowler hat until it warms up again! Staying stylish but warm!
What are your top ten winter items?