*Disclaimer* – I am not a medically trained professional therefore if you are concerned about your mental health or another person’s mental health then please seek professional advice. This is from what I know from my own personal experience of the disorders I have. Also alternative methods should not be used before trying other methods.
Unfortunately CBT did not work for me, for many reasons and I decided to recover on my own, using various methods. I use yoga, mindfulness and meditation and exposure to help me.
- Using alternative methods can help you cope with your mental health problems.
- There is nothing wrong with helping yourself get better.
- You can use them in conjunction with therapy and medication.
- You have to push yourself to do these things when you don’t want to. You need to self-motivate which can be hard.
- Once you are using your coping methods, then it becomes a lot easier.
- There are applications and websites that can help you learn these coping methods.
- You will feel better when you can manage your mental health problems on your own.
- You can do these things without having therapy or medication.
- You can ask your GP for advice on these things.
- It won’t be easy at first but it will get easier.
If you have any questions feel free to comment below!