Blogging has become something that has taken over a lot of people’s lives. Zoella, The Ugly Face of Beauty, Beauty Crush, Pewdie Pie…young people know who these people are. Blogging isn’t easy to do. It isn’t just a case of throwing a piece of writing together and “tada”, by the wave of a magic wand, it’s done. At least it isn’t for me, it’s the same with video blogging (vlogging) too.
These are just some of the blogger weekly to do’s, baring in mind some of us have two blogs and other commitments such as YouTube channels etc.
- Write down ideas. These ideas can come to us at any time and anywhere. It’s sometimes inconvenient because we don’t want to forget but are doing something important.
- Make sure we have all our ideas down. We normally have notebooks or make lists (lots of lists!) and if we don’t then…all hell breaks loose! (I’m only kidding, but it’s seriously stressful!).
- Planning the blog posts. Some people do this more extensively than others and to varying degrees. I personally write an idea down and plan some of the content with key words (otherwise known as SEO strategy – search engine optimisation) and paragraph starters. Some people draft a whole post then come back to it. Everyone is different but this is a crucial stage.
- Writing the blog post. This can take some time. We need to make sure we have all the right content, check for spelling and grammar etc.
- Taking pictures. Some people use pictures for all of their blog posts and some of the pictures are taken professionally.
- Social media. Social media is our vice when it comes to promoting our blog. We need to sort all of this out i.e. scheduling etc.
Redesigning a blog, responding to comments, reading other blogs are just some of the other tasks that we do on a weekly basis. I’m not complaining about it because I love my blogs and I love my YouTube channel but I want to emphasise the hard work that goes into a blog. Blogging can be a career and a full-time job for some people, for some it’s part-time and for some it’s just a hobby but work goes into a blog all the same.
For those of you that don’t blog, I hope this gives you some understanding. For those that do blog, is there anything else you’d like to add?
Please comment your thoughts below.