I have a lot of resolutions for 2015. Be happy, being the main one. I’ll keep my other personal ones to myself, but here are my professional ones. Here goes!
1. Speak at more conferences to raise awareness of carers, what we do and to raise importance of integration, communication and identification. Also want to focus more on issues, challenges and concerns as well as good practice.
2. Finish my first year of my social work degree and progress onto 2nd year.
3. Pass my driving test – This is professional as I need to be able to drive as a social worker.
4. Raise awareness of carers within my university – I have a few plans for this.
5. Publish something solely by myself in a journal.
6. Write a book.
7. Vote in the next election – I’ve become more interested in politics this year (2014) so I want to vote.
8. Decide on what I want to do my Masters degree in, will keep thinking about my PhD.
9. Map out different areas of social work I want to explore, clearly and carefully.
10. Review another social care book. (One of my highlights of this year has been reviewing a social care book and having my name on it!).
That’s all I can think of at the moment, some of them are big, well, all of them but I am willing and hoping to achieve them. I’m on the way to some of them too. I’ll probably think of more resolutions next year as they come, but for now these are the ones I want to achieve by this time next year.